Monday, August 3, 2009

Analyzing Vogue's Picks of the Week

As I'm sure many of you know, Vogue's resident website Style.com declares and showcases what it believes to be the most stylish women of the week every Monday morning.  Sometimes it feels like they've read my mind by choosing an outfit that I've been obsessing over since the first photos of it came out.  Other times the image is new to me and requires some serious contemplation, and every now and then I'm just left thinking "Huh?" Let's see what the verdict is on a few of the women of this week.
The dress itself isn't bad, in fact, I kind of adore it.  But doesn't Gwen look a little uncomfortable here, like the dress is restraining her?  Perhaps the fit is a little off, it looks like someone needs to pull the it down in the front and tug it a little to the left. 













Chloe, Chloe, Chloe... For me to judge Chloe Sevigny's outfits just seems unfair.  I'm too biased.  I love the look, the attitude, the disheveled perfection that she so effortlessly masters.  Plus, Style.com doesn't seem to know the designer.  Way to keep them on their toes, Chloe.  Oh and speaking of toes, I'll take those shoes whenever you're done with them.










And as the last notable contender for most stylish woman of the week we have Sienna Miller.  I like that this outfit isn't going for "pretty", the label most movie stars strive for at premieres. It's sexy but in a rebellious, androgynous way.  Additionally, usually I am not a big fan of matching, but the printed pants as well as the jacket make the outfit look very runway and put together.  I like it the longer I look at it and I'm not entirely sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment